Do you know – the tanning industry has grown in big business? You might have seen various articles, blogs, news, ads and advertisements about different tanning products. You might be a daily subscriber of tanning products and surely receive daily mails and news via emails. It depicts that tanning industry spends 100s 0f dollars to keep you aware about their marketing, progress and advancements in their industries. Have you ever thought how these tanning products become essentials in our lives? Why tanning products become so much special and how they get value in markets? These are some question everyone should know. To avoid exposure of direct sunrays to skin, people started using sunless tanning products to have a darker skin tone. Usually these tanners are composed of DHA, some simple dyes and bronzers. These products also consist of tan accelerators like coconut oil and other moisturizing oils.
Why people use tanning products:
Tanning products are mostly used to have better tone of skin, especially used by those individuals having pale color tone. These artificial dyes give you a good and attractive skin complexion. Women usually use tanning products as a base before make-up. Tan base is considered more attractive and eye- catching as compared to light base.
Tanning products are available as different types of lotions, creams, gels, sprays and pills etc.
- Tanning lotions are available in two forms. The indoor and outdoor one. Indoor lotions have no SPF or little amount of SPF and increase the exposure of sunlight to your skin. It means they are used to have quick and temporary tanning effect. On the other hand, outdoor tanning lotions contain SPF , block UV and has a protective effect
- Bronzers are cosmetics which are usually employed before make-up and have temporary effects on your skin.
- Tanning pills are also available in market but is should always be kept in mind that these pills will not only change color tone of your skin but the internal body organs too. These pills are a great cause of hepatitis and liver cancer.
Tanning products are not well supported by doctors and pharmacists. Some dermatologists are so much against that they have proposed FDA to ban such products. FDA has stated in their reports that any legal organization can never allow people to use those products that can have extremely hazardous effects not only to the skin but on whole body. This is a fact that when you apply tanning lotion on your body, there is a reaction in epidermis layer of your skin and you get reddish-brown tone. Additionally, the tanning industry and salons runners are liars. They throw magic tricks on people by saying and promoting some myths about safety and protective effects of tanning. FTC another regulatory authority has stated recently that these tanning products are extremely dangerous. Moreover, there is an extensive misleading and deceptive advertisements in our media now, about these products. “So, people are taking interest in such harmful and artificial products. FDA must have to take strict actions against these industries”. FTC added
What to do now? – Confusion?
Now, you can observe a great hypocrisy in our media, our laws and our regulating authorities and even in the behavior of our government too. So, precisely, we can say, we are those creatures who can never get proper information about what to use and what to avoid. To clear so many confusions, there was conduction of different researches and seminars in those areas, where this tanning industry is extremely famous. This article is actually based on those facts and conclusion, which were discussed. You can consider this reading a sort of extract of many valuable conclusions. It was not possible to discuss each tanning product in such a precise reading, so we have developed this article especially in context of indoor tanning lotions.
Pros and cons of using indoor tanning lotions
- Keep your skin moisturized: Indoor tanning lotions are meant to moisturize your skin and give you soft and pleasant impact.
- Even and quick tan: These lotions can give your whole body, an even skin tone and give you a quick required tan
- Provides nutrients to your body: Indoor tanning lotions nourish your body and give you a healthier looking skin
- Tanning lotions are not FDA approved products
- Tanning lotion can cause skin cancer and are not safer to use
- Tanning lotion can cause an extreme danger to your mucous membrane.
- Never use these lotions without recommendations.
Myths – what’s true what hype is:
Myth#1: Tanning lotions are safe to use – Lie Myth#2: You will never have skin cancer by using these products – Lie Myth#3: Tanning will cause premature aging of skin – Truth Myth#4: Indoor tanning lotion is protective – I am safe from many UV- rays – Lie So, this was all from this informative piece of reading. You must always have at least some basic knowledge about the product, you are going to use. Buy standard products and enjoy a best life!